Wednesday, January 18, 2006

U.S. identity cards

Although the implementation of U.S. identity cards for land cross-border crossings is a degree better than requiring passports of U.S. citizens, the implication is clear: Canada should act progressively toward a mutual security perimeter with the United States. The alternative is the path that the U.S. security measures imply: obstacles to trans-border crossings. This is an unsavoury outcome for Canadians and Americans. I hope that the new Conservative government works toward better solutions to the U.S. security concerns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello sea2sea

First lit me say that I commend you for the wealth of material that you have written and posted on your blog. Also let me say that I too share your dream for a united North America, and view any step towards integration as a positive move in the right direction for Canada, the United States, and Mexico.

I would like to invite you to a Website that I am a part of, which, like yourself, advocates North American unification. I would also encourage you to take part in the forum discussions that I am a part of on this Website.

The name of the Website is UnitedNorthAmerica.org.

Sincerly,

Joahob